Read our Blog
Rivers State Task Force on Immunization Inaugurated
The Executive Governor of Rivers State, Rt. Hon.Chibuike Rotimi Amaechi has formerly inaugurated the Rivers State taskforce on Immunization on Tuesday 3rd April, 2012.
The membership are as follows;
(1) The Chairman of the State taskforce on Immunization is His Excellency, the Governor of Rivers State. In some instances, His Excellency chairs the Inter-sectoral committee. The Hon Commissioner for Health is the Vice Chairman while the Chairman, Association of Local Government Councils of Nigeria (ALGON) is the Secretary.
(2) Other members of the committee include:
- Chairman, House Committee on Health, Rivers State House of Assembly, Hon. Irene Inimgba.
- Honourable Commissioner Ministry of Local Government, Hon. Sammuel Eyiba.
- Honourable Commissioner Ministry of Women’s Affairs, Hon. Joeba West.
- Honourable Commissioner Ministry of Education, Hon. Alice Lawrence Nimi.
- Honourable Commissioner Ministry of Information, Hon. Ibim Semenitari
- Chairman, Rivers State Council of Traditional Rulers, Professor. T.J.T princewill, Amachree XI, Amayanabo of Kalabari.
- Chairman , Christians Association of Nigeria, Apostle Zil Aggrey.
- Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Health, Dr. Godwin Mpi
- Representative, National Orientation Agency, Chf. Andy Nweye.
- Chairman, State Social mobilization Committee, Chf.(Mrs) Dan -Jumbo
- Chairman, Nigeria Union of journalist, Mr. Opaka Dokubo.
- The South-South W.H.O Zonal Coordinator, Dr. Ticha. Johnson.M
- The State Coordinator, W.H.O, Rivers State, Dr. Richard Koko.
- The General Consultant, UNICEF, Rivers State, Mr. Stan Osum.
- Director Public Health, ministry of Health, Dr. Akuro Okujagu.
- Executive Secretary, Rivers State Primary Healthcare Management Board, Dr. Claribel Abam
- President, NCWS Rivers State Branch, Mrs Evelyn Nkechi Nweke.
- Representative of NPHCDA, Rivers State, Hajia Abdulahi Ogundare.
- The State Immunization Officer, Rivers State, Mr. Maxwell,Samson.
- Head of Rotary International, Rivers State, His Excellency, Sir Gabriel Toby.
- Chief Medical Director, UPTH, Professor A.C. Ojule.
- Chairman, Traditional Medicine Practitioners-absent
- Chairman, Supreme council of Islamic Affairs, Rivers State.-absent.
Presentation of the Status of Routine and supplemental Immunization activities in Rivers State was presented by the State immunization Officer while the WHO State coordinator, Rivers State presented the Terms of reference and the Accountability of members of the State TaskForce.
His Excellency was represented by the Hon. Commissioner for Health, Dr. Tamunoiyoriari
S. Parker who is the co-chairman.
He commended the members of the taskforce but reminded them of the enormous task that was highlighted during the presentation. He also promised that his government will continue to fund polio eradication and will soon procure strategic stock of vaccines to cushion the effect of the national stock-out presently being felt in the States.
RIVERS STATE 2011 ROUTINE IMMUNIZATION N SURVEILLANCE REPORT